We make travel information searching as simple as flight or hotel booking
• Japan – Transport.
Transit Planner | Route Map – Japan Transit Planner.
For sorting through transport schedules and fares, HyperDia is an invaluable companion; it computes to-the-minute directions including connecting trains, as well as buses and planes.
Navitime is a popular navigation app and website that provides comprehensive information on public transportation in Japan. It covers trains, buses, and other modes of transport, offering route planning, timetables, and real-time updates. (If you know Japanese.)
- Tokyo: Tokyo Metro / Toei Subway / JR East (Tokyo)
- Yokohama: Yokohama Transport / Yokohama Bus
- Osaka: Osaka Metro / Osaka Bus
- Fukuoka: Fukuoka Subway / Nishitetsu Bus & Train
- Kyoto: Kyoto Subway & Bus
⇒ Also сheck оut мore info: Transportation in Japan (japan.travel) • Transportation (japan-guide.com)
Japan Bus Online is a comprehensive website that allows you to search for and book bus tickets across Japan. It provides information on various bus operators, routes, schedules, fares, and seat availability.
Willer Express is a major bus company in Japan that offers long-distance bus services connecting cities throughout the country. Their website allows you to search for routes, check schedules, and book bus tickets.
Highway Bus is a popular bus service provider that offers long-distance travel between major cities in Japan. Their website provides information on routes, schedules, fares, and online booking options.
+ JR Bus (kakuyasubus.jp) • kate.co.jp.
For local bus services within specific cities, it’s best to check the official websites of the respective city’s transportation bureau or bus company.
⇒ Also сheck оut мore info: *Bus travel in Japan.
Japan Railways (JR): The official website of Japan Railways provides information about train routes, schedules, fares, and services offered by JR. It covers both regional and long-distance train travel.
The JAPAN RAIL PASS, a joint collaboration with six companies comprising the Japan Railways Group (JR Group), is an economical and convenient way of traveling throughout Japan by rail.
⇒ Also сheck оut мore info: *Rail travel in Japan.
It’s important to note that domestic flights within Japan are mostly short-haul flights and are most commonly used for traveling longer distances between different regions or to remote islands.
Most international flights arrive at either Narita Airport near Tokyo or Kansai Airport near Osaka; a smaller number use Chubu International Airport near Nagoya.
Domestic Air Travel: JAL Group • ANA Group • Skymark Airlines • Peach Aviation • Jetstar Japan • Air Do • Starflyer • Solaseed Air • Fuji Dream Airlines • IBEX Airlines
Spring Japan connects Narita Airport with Hiroshima and Sapporo.
⇒ Also сheck оut мore info: Discount Air Tickets (japan-guide.com)
Aomori – Hokkaido
- Aomori – Hakodate: Seikan Ferry or Tsugaru Kaikyo Ferry (4 hours)
Inland Sea (Seto Naikai)
- Wakayama – Tokushima: Nankai Ferry (2 hours)
- Kobe – Takamatsu: Jumbo Ferry (2 hours)
- Hiroshima – Matsuyama: Setonaikai Kisen (3 hours)
- Matsuyama – Kita-kyushu: Matsuyama Kokura Ferry (7 hours)
- Yawatahama – Beppu: Uwajima Unyu Ferry (3 hours)
Kagoshima – Okinawa/Yakushima
- Kagoshima – Amami-Oshima – Naha: A Line and Marix Line (26 hours)
- Kagoshima – Yakushima: the Yaku-2 ferry departs every morning (4 hours) or there is the high-speed Toppy jetfoil (from 2 hours).
Sendai/Niigata – Tomokomai
- from Sendai by Taiheiyo Ferry (15 hours), from Niigata by Shin-Nihonkai Ferry (18 hours)
- Nagoya – Sendai: Taiheiyo Ferry (22 hours)
- Tokyo – Tokushima – Kita-kyushu: Ocean Tokyu Ferry (Tokyo – Kita-kyushu: 34 hours)
- Kobe – Kita-kyushu: Meimon Taiyo Ferry (13 hours)
- Osaka – Beppu, Kobe – Oita: Ferry Sunflower (12 hours)
- Kobe – Miyazaki: Miyazaki Car Ferry (12-15 hours)
⇒ Also сheck оut мore info: Domestic Ferries (japan-guide.com)
To drive legally in Japan, you must have a valid International Driving Permit. This permit should be obtained in your home country before traveling to Japan. It serves as a translation of your native driver’s license and must be carried with your original license at all times while driving in Japan. ⇒ Official Japanese Driving Licence Translation.
⇒ Also сheck оut мore info: *Driving in Japan
VISAS & IMMIGRATION.
Foreign Residents Support Center (FRESC) MOFA Visa Information. + JAPAN eVISA – for online visa application to visit Japan.